We love making quality items for you and your home, and that quality should not come at a cost to the environment. At AphroChic we are committed to sustainable and environmentally responsible design. And we fulfill our promise to sustainability through every part of our design process:
- At AphroChic prints on fabric are created using a heat transfer process that has little waste of inks or dye.
- We only use natural fabrics. All pillows and tabletop are printed on eco-twill, a blend of organic cotton and recycled poly. Our shower curtains are printed on 100% organic cotton.
- Ninety-nine percent of our products are made in the USA. There are no big fancy warehouses or rows of stockpiled inventory. Instead, items are made when you order, reducing the need for storage, energy consumption and wasteful printing of our products.
- We use high quality Down Etc. inserts for each of our pillows. Our inserts are made of 100% cotton, are hypoallergenic and cleaned with a CentroClean sterilization process to remove allergens from down and feathers.
- We encourage eco-friendly cleaning of all of our products. We encourage customers to use non-toxic cleaning products to hand wash textiles in cold water.
- In our studio, our culture is one of environmental responsibility. As an online boutique, we have streamlined our business process to be as paper-free as possible. We recycle, use recycled paper for invoices and receipts, and even print our business cards using recycled paper and non-toxic inks. We go organic as much as possible, and give back to our community by supporting local businesses. We live our modern, soulful style philosophy.